[Buddha-l] Batchelor

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Tue May 18 08:27:48 MDT 2010

"predicting apocalyptic times where Maras would rule ..."

Like ever since............. ,?  Have times ever not been
apocalyptic?
JK

[...] I wondered about that the other day. Is dana the same after
a teaching about loving kindness and compassion as after one
about karma-and-reincarnation? Michel Strickmann (Mantras et
mandarins) had written about the function of texts predicting
apocalyptic times where Maras would rule and about instructions
that save (powerful dharanis, pure land etc.). Create a need,
create a market and sell your product.
Like our times where terror rules and security is a bestseller.

Joy