[Buddha-l] Batchelor

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at gmail.com
Wed May 19 02:06:40 MDT 2010

Erik,

Wttgenstein converted himself to Catholicism. He wasn't even abused as a

> child, and at the time he had forgotten all about Schopenhauer, who got
> him ripe for philosophy.

Hi Erik,

He would get anyone ripe for philosophy.
I recently bought a new French translation of Schopenhauer's "Le monde comme
volonté de la représentation" (by Christian Sommer and others). I had read
about this work, but had never read it directly. The first chapters read
like Buddhist scholasticism, it's great for vocabulary and for thinking. It
forces one's mind to stay on the spot and to structure one's thinking. I can
recommend it to anyone interested in Buddhism.

Its opening quote : "Sors de l'enfance, ami, réveille-toi !" - Jean-Jacques
Rousseau

Joy