[Buddha-l] Wellcome Trust

Peter Friedlander peterfriedlander at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 19 11:30:41 MDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,
that is very sad to hear, I used to work as a Cataloguer of Hindi Manuscripts (1991-1996) at the Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine, which contained the library.
The Wellcome Trust Centre for the History of Medicine was always technically separate. So I don't think the collections will be directly affected. However, for an organisation which is I imagine, it certainly was, almost infinitely rich it seemed, such a decision does seem very hard to justify.
regards
Dr Peter Friedlander