[Buddha-l] Nietzsche was a bachelor (was: Batchelor)

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Thu May 20 08:56:26 MDT 2010

In a message dated 5/19/2010 2:04:27 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
rhayes at unm.edu writes:

I have always understood the will to power (and the term Nietzsche used
earlier, the desire for power, Machgelüst) as the desire to overcome others,
to dominate them, to master them and subdue them and to liberate oneself by
overpowering everything that stands in the way of one's desires.
==
My understanding of Nietzsche's will to power is the elemental force of
the universe as exemplified by living things, Bergson's elan vital, the power
of a plant to burst through the soil or a person's mental and physical
drive  toward health and continuation.

jack