[Buddha-l] Nietzsche was a bachelor

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Thu May 20 13:31:47 MDT 2010

Op 20-05-10 20:24, Barnaby Thieme schreef:
> It seems to me that Nietzsche meant many things by Will to Power, and sometimes used it to describe the literal overcoming of people through force, though in my overall reading of his work I seem to recall that he held violence to be a base and low expression of Will to Power, which finds its highest expression in acts of true creation and revaluation.

I agree with you on all points. The last one about creativity explains
why Nietzsche hated violence and the masses. It also makes it very
improbable that he would have had much sympathy for Buddhism if he knew
it like we do. He would perhaps have liked the sadhu-movement and the
Bāuls, but the Buddhists are much to serious and make it their hobby to
avoid opposing forces.

erik