[Buddha-l] Conservative and liberal Buddhists

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed May 26 18:30:22 MDT 2010

On May 26, 2010, at 5:36 PM, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

>>> Bibhuti Yadav, "Negation, Nirvana, Nonsense," publ. in the JAAS back in
>>> 1977, available as a free download at
>>> http://openpdf.com/ebook/nirvana-pdf.html
>>
>> Getting this requires a having a subscription to JAAR.
>
> That appears to be the case. Sorry. I have a copy. Is there a way to post
> the pdf to the buddha-l server so that those interested can download a copy?

I have recently started using Dropbox, which is a free service for storing files on the Internet. I use it to keep a couple of computers in sync. One feature of Dropbox is a public folder, where a file can be stored that anyone can download if a link is provided to them. If the product itself sounds interesting, you can assess it by clicking on the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTczNzI2NTY5

Dan has sent me a copy of the file. I'll put a copy in my public folder and send a link later. But I'd really like to know whether it's legal to do that. I don't want a bunch of JAAR lawyers breathing down my neck saying that words are policemen. Any legal experts out there?

Richard