[Buddha-l] Conservative and liberal Buddhists

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Thu May 27 02:14:54 MDT 2010

Op 27-05-10 03:47, Richard Hayes schreef:
> Pssst! Perhaps the Yadav article that might have been referred to earlier is here:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7372656/Yadav%20Negation%20Nirvana%20Nonsense.pdf
>
> Tell them Danny the Tathagatagarbha sent you.
>
> Oh, and thanks, Danny.
>
> Dicky the Shrubface

Thanx Tatty,

last year research suggested that orthodox protestants had trouble
getting a helicopterview, suggesting this kind of persuasion is not only
a matter of personal choice and biography, but also of physical
condition. So some people are born to be absolutists and perhaps others
as skeptics. They simply cannot think that there are other sides to the
matter. Perhaps you can change it with physical exercise or diet. The
pinnacle of nonrealism seems to be a Nietzschean or a Syātvāda attitude
or perhaps also plain fullbred skepticism. I don't know what the
skeptics ate and if they did exercises, but Nietzsche liked long walks
and the Jains are strict vegetarians. Is there a liaison between Mc
Donalds and the Teaparty Movement? Can lack of vitamins cause realism?
Is there something like a nonrealist lifestyle? I for myself try to be
as nonrealistic as I can, I forget most real things and I'm on
e-maillists that discuss preferably unreal topics.

erik