[Buddha-l] Buddhism and Psychology research

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 5 07:59:36 MDT 2010

Op 05-09-10 04:05, Dan Lusthaus schreef:
> As for style, as anyone in the German lit. field will tell you, Freud is
> universally considered one of the top German stylists of all time. The order
> of mastery is usually: Luther, Goethe, Nietzsche, and Freud. If you think he
> is a delight to read in English (thanks to Strachey), he is infinitely more
> enchanting in German.

Dan,
what about Heinrich Heine, Thomas Mann, Arthur Schopenhauer, Lessing,
Herder, Schiller, Hoelderlin, Kafka and Marx? And this is just a
shortlist! I´m sorry to disturb your movement to sanctify old Sigmund,
but his name doesn´t figure in the curricula of German literature
studies, at least not in Germany.

erik