[Buddha-l] Gandharan Buddhist Art at NY Asia Society

Kdorje at aol.com Kdorje at aol.com
Sat Aug 13 00:33:32 MDT 2011

In a message dated 8/13/2011 12:39:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
vasubandhu at earthlink.net writes:

Hi  Lance,

Let's start with where we have some agreement.

>>  The Mahapurusa lists, which, if followed would produce a very  freakish
>> looking individual with too many teeth, arms down to his  ankles,
>> misshapen
>> skull, webbed hands and feet, etc.,  . . .

This just in from "The Republica," one of Kathmandu's three daily
newspapers:

"Gautam Buddha”, to be dubbed in English, Hindi, Sinhalese, Korean,
Chinese, Japanese and German, is going to be an animated film and the first
animated feature film from Nepal.

“It would have cost far less had I  chosen people to play the roles,” he
[the producer] says ruefully. “But I found  that impossible. The Buddha
literature available details minutely the 32  auspicious signs Prince Siddharth
possessed, that made him a king among men. He  had arms that reached his
knees, the large kindly eyes of a cow, and a voice as  deep as an echoing well.
I realised it would be impossible to find such an  actor.”

It is hoped that it will be released in 2013.

_http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=333
92_
(http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=33392)