[Buddha-l] Is there any basis for the allegations concerning the "expulsion" of Ani Karma Lhamu?

Rahula rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 21:29:50 MDT 2011

Hi,

That's what I said earlier, the NBF was trying to distance itself from what Norbu said.

Norbu did not say the nun is expelled, I never said he said nor the news reports.

What Ang Kaji Sherpa (general secretary of.....) (are Norbu and Ang Kaji different persons?) said was that a nun who loses celibacy even involuntarily could not be a nun anymore, he did not say she was expelled. The news report, therefore reported that the nun is facing expulsion.

Norbu, is the general-secretary(or secretary or official) of NBF, which represent all the organization. However, NBF has distance itself from Norbu's view.

Norbu was even quoted to say Buddhism all over the world said the same thing, and he refer to the Dalai Lama saying a married person cannot be a monk.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-07-11/south-asia/29760391_1_nun-buddhist-organisations-buddha

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Debate-grows-in-Nepal-about-gangraped-nun/articleshow/9248415.cms?prtpage=1