[Buddha-l] Is there any basis for the allegations concerning the "expulsion" of Ani Karma Lhamu?

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Sun Aug 14 10:04:43 MDT 2011

Ang Kaji Sherpa is not affiliated with any Buddhist group, but rather is
a representative of an advocacy group for ethnic minorities in Nepal. It
is important to know that it is impossible to tell where this so-called
"Adivasi Janajati" movement ends, and the Maoists begin. The bottom line
is that the quote from Ang Kaji Sherpa merely constitutes an allegation
from someone who has no association with Buddhism, and who might
actually be actively anti-Buddhist (as the Maoists and those allied with
them are, obviously).

And no matter how many quotes are produced from this Norbu Sherpa
person, none of them substantiate the smear campaign, which claims that
there is (or was, or might have been) some effort to have a rape victim
expelled from the Sangha of nuns.

Curt