[Buddha-l] Whatever happened to buddha-l?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jun 10 14:21:19 MDT 2011

On Jun 10, 2011, at 13:07 , Franz Metcalf wrote:

> Yes, I've always thought that buddha-l would have to last until every
> sentient being had achieved annutara-samyak-sambodhi or been reborn in
> the Pure Land--or at least New Mexico.

I entered New Mexico by crawling through a dark and wet tunnel from a sack of fluids in which I had been suspended upside down for several months. It's a tough way to get here. I recommend either climbing over the wall that now separates the United States of Mexico from the United States of America, or dribbling across the border from Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado or Arizona (or Utah, if you can vault over the idiotic monument that marks the coming together of the four corners of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and Utah).