[Buddha-l] Nishida quote

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 14 15:02:44 MDT 2011

I agree, and Joanna gives a perfect example of a logical reaction.
There is a question behind all this which may be worth further
reflection: is there really something like an enlightenment through a
kind of anti- or metalogical breakthrough, or is this just poetry? Is
this myth of crazy wisdom not merely a product of poor language skills?
In fact this whole koan business is an interesting social game meant to
optimize communication. I do not think that it matters much which koan
you're trying to solve. It is the game you play that works.

erik