[Buddha-l] query to the list

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Mon May 30 14:17:10 MDT 2011

Hi Geoff,

Thanks a lot for this reply. Poor Eagleman was pilloried on
another list I'm on as writing for the layman, so it's all old
hat of course to insiders-----oh really? Well I'm not an insider
and don't understand what's going on if they get technical. In
fact that comment almost pilloried writing for laypeople as such.
So how refreshing to get your reply :)

Oddly I sub to the New Yorker but somehow missed that article--if
I still have that issue will go back and read it. Can also read
it online.

Hope this is a good holiday for you and yours.

Aside from this being a holiday today, what bugs my dharma
sensibilities every year is the maudlin media sentimentality
about our fallen military guys accompanied by nothing--zero--
said about why they were inveigled into the recent wars in the
first place, nor about the weapons industry being one of our
biggest. And no mention of the statistics on the very seriously
maimed vets coming out of the Iraq fiasco as compared to other
wars.

Best wishes
Joanna