[Buddha-l] Buddhists taking a stand against Islamaphobia

Andy Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Fri Aug 3 18:38:29 MDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2012, at 00:42, James A Stroble <stroble at hawaii.edu> wrote:
>
> > Point being: disrespect of the truth has no effect on the truth.  Truth
> > is truth nonetheless.
>

> Oh, for heaven's sakes, Andy. There is no such thing as truth independent
> of something thinking it so. Truth is a property of propositions, and
> propositions are mental events, not things in the world.
>
> Richard Hayes

No!  that can't be right! Truth is  the versimillitudinous correlation
between our representations of reality and the real reality as it really
is.   Anyone who says otherwise must be trying to attack the  truth, or at
the very least is being disagreeable by suggesting that our reality is not
really real.

(By the way,  I am interested in what it is that Defenders of the Faith, or
dharma-protectors and dharmapalas, actually are alleged to do.)