[Buddha-l] Buddhists taking a stand against Islamaphobia

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Aug 14 07:03:06 MDT 2012

On Aug 14, 2012, at 3:58 AM, Christopher Fynn <chris.fynn at gmail.com> wrote:

> The point was that we don't hear much condemnation of this wanton
> destruction from most of the Islamic world.

One could probably say more generally that we don't hear much condemnation of wanton destruction by those who carry it out. How often do you hear any aspiring emperor say "Golly gee, don't let me wantonly destroy again." There are, of course, stories of Aśoka saying something along those lines, but he waited until there was not much left in the neighborhood to conquer.

Richard Hayes