[Buddha-l] FW: Sri Lanka monks form RSS-like group

Christopher Fynn chris.fynn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 01:09:06 MDT 2013

On 28/03/2013, Jo <ugg-5 at spro.net> wrote:
> Thanks for posting BBS's provisions. Very useful.
>
> (4) Government projects intended to reduce the Sri Lankan population must be
> stopped. Within a month closing the family planning units. Prohibiting
> sending women to the Middle East for slavery.
>
> According to what I have read, this BBS provision concerns the suspected
> habit of the Muslim population trying to outbreed/out-populate Sinhalese
> Buddhists.  My comment:
> I have no research evidence on whether this Muslim proclivity is factual in
> Sri Lanka.
> However, I DO know that the current brand of Islam being pushed world-wide,
> thanks to Saudi money in every country with Muslim populations --the Wahhabi
> sect of Islam---forbids using contraception and limiting fertility in any
> way. (Bangladesh is one of the countries that finally decided to fight
> this.) Muslim women are supposed to keep putting out kids until they either
> die, or go sterile.

The solution is to ensure that all Sri Lankan children, girls and
boys, Buddhist, Hindu, Christian and Muslim, receive a good,
*secular*, education up to a minimum of higher secondary school.
Forbidding contraception amongst Buddhist women would clearly be a
completely retrogressive step. Ensuring that all girls (esp. Muslim
girls) receive a good education - and employment opportunities - would
surely keep family sizes down.

> As for prohibiting sending women to the ME:
> Sri Lanka is not the only country that has been allowing this practice.
> India and Nepal are big practitioners of allowing the shipping of
> poverty-level women for alleged jobs in the ME and Gulf states.

+ The Philippines and Indonesia