[Buddha-l] Nirvana Sutra Chapter 19

Jo ugg-5 at spro.net
Wed May 22 07:38:36 MDT 2013

Ha--I agree with you about taking up the sickle and the hammer and "putting
away the shovel and the hoe" (to quote from an old popular hymn). But as I
notice all around this country , the population are not interested in
fighting for their rights. A few staunch journalists are keeping up the
criticism of drone power and spying on US lefties--but most US people, like
most people everywhere, would happily lose their civil rights if protecting
them required personal action in common with fellow citizens.
Our President has simply continued and also enhanced the erasing of civil
rights protections that GW Bush got rid of.
jk