[Buddha-l] Compassionate Violence?

James A Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Sat May 25 02:26:42 MDT 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013 18:11:37 -0600
"Jo" <ugg-5 at spro.net> wrote:

> No you are not a mystic, not even close.
> You said that you wanted to avoid the mythic. Well, at least 50% or
> more of the canon is mythic.

Well, I failed again at double entendre!  "Call me a mystic"  as in
"Call a mystic for me", rather than "Identify me as a mystic".
Yes, it was easy to miss, and I apologize, again.  And I have to again
assert, mythic violence is not violence, as when we were splitting
heads into eight parts.  But mythic violence has meaning, and it is
important not to let the literal minded run away with fantasy.

> Andy, you are a time-waster and an irresponsible curmudgeon.
> Save it for the blogs. LOL
>
> JK

Guilty as charged, although I lay complete and total responsibility on
The Coyote, since he is known for that sort of thing.

But seriously, I am once again attempting to complete a work on the
notion of a Buddhist Just War doctrine, and could really use all the
help I could get.

--
Yours,

James Andy Stroble