[Buddha-l] New mailing list

James A Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Tue Nov 5 01:56:29 MST 2013

Wow, Jeff, Townsend?  This renews my faith that the future of Buddhism
lies in Montana, though I thought it would be on the other side of the
Continental Divide. Proud alum of the University of Montana, Missoula.
(which, since the Salish word translates as "Hellgate", has all kinds
of justification for Buddha-l being on the "other side".)

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 13:18:59 -0700
Jeff Ross <jross at openvistas.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've set up a new mailing list for Buddha-L.  Rather than try to
> migrate the current subscriber base to the new list, I'd like to
> invite you all to take a moment and subscribe to the new list.
>
> The easiest way to subscribe is to send an email to
>
>      buddha-l-subscribe at buddha-l.org
>
> The list will respond by sending you a confirmation e-mail so we make
> sure we can get e-mail to you.
>
> Simply reply to that e-mail and after a moderator approves your
> request, you're in.
>
> The other way is to pay a visit to
>
>      http://www.buddha-l.org
>
> where you'll find a signup form.  The archives from buddha-l have
> been copied to my server as well, and are available under the
> Archives link on the main page.  As time permits I will try to
> convert them into a more search friendly format.
>
> Subscribers to the list can post without moderator approval.
> Non-subscribers can also post to this list but only after a moderator
> approves the message.  Another moderator would be great, so if you
> might like to give it a whirl, please let me know.  As Richard
> mentioned earlier, it is not a very time intensive job.
>
> If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off-list at
> jross at openvistas.net.  Otherwise, I look forward to lurking on the
> new list and enjoying your posts as I have for so many years.
>
> Jeff Ross

Yours,

James Andy Stroble
Leeward Community College