[Buddha-l] book on Tibetan 'discipline'

James A Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Sat Oct 19 23:53:07 MDT 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 06:05:37 -0400
"Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> So, not "allegations." Disclosure might be a better word (less
> hysterical than "expose").
>
> The larger underlying issue is the gap between the imaginal
> "Buddhism(s)" that we in the west have constructed from our own needs
> and proclivities, often with complicity from our asian counterparts,
> and the actual Buddhism(s), past and present. The "facts" are slowly
> emerging, and some of them are painful, especially for those who
> cling to the fantasies, and prefer their fantasies to the realities.
> That attitude, however, is nonBuddhist; ignorance and delusion are
> the root problem.
>
> Dan

 I am infinitely curious about what exact fantastic Buddhism we in the
 west are clinging to in our ignorance and delusion.  I also am not
 aware of any such delusion, which, after all, is probably what makes
 it a delusion.  So Dan, if you would, could you spell out just what
 this fantastic Buddhism is?  I know there are probably way too many
 versions to treat of exhaustively, but how about just those that are
 held by the inmates of Buddha-ell?
--
Yours,

James Andy Stroble