[Buddha-l] book on Tibetan 'discipline'

James A Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Sun Oct 20 00:45:40 MDT 2013

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 02:19:09 -0400
"Dan Lusthaus" <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > I am infinitely curious about what exact fantastic Buddhism we in
> > the west are clinging to in our ignorance and delusion....could you
> > spell out just what
> > this fantastic Buddhism is?
> > James Andy Stroble
>
> Check the buddha-l archives. This is a topic that has been discussed
> much and often.

So it has, and I have been here for most of that.  But that is why I am
asking for your opinion as to what delusional conceptions of Buddhism
are held by others on the list.  The only definite thing I can put my
finger on is that you do not think that Yogacara is a form of
idealism.  But that does not address why some one like me would be
shocked that Buddhist novices are disciplined in the Tibetan tradition.

--
Yours,

James Andy Stroble
Leeward Community College