[Buddha-l] Buddha-L archive?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Oct 20 21:36:58 MDT 2013

On Oct 20, 2013, at 16:48 , Dan Lusthaus <vasubandhu at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Perhaps someone either more adept or more familiar with the archive can explain how to use it most profitably. Is there a way to do a global search of a topic? I can't find a way to do that.

The only way I can think of is to download all the zip files, unzip them into the same directory and then do a grep search (if you have Linux ora Mac). Unfortunately, a grep will turn up every occurrence of lines that meet the search criteria, including lines that get quoted in replies.

Given how cumbersome the archives are to search, inviting people to search the archives to find answers to particular questions is an invitation of very limited value.