[Buddha-l] Re: crazy wisdom

Michael J. Wilson michaeljameswilson at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 19:08:46 MST 2005

I have always been fascinated by the "Colophon" to a translation of the White Heruka Long-Life Practice
(This is how the sadhana is practiced according to the special teachings of Manjushri to Lama Tsongkhapa):

Colophon
"This sadhana was complied by Bhikku Ngulchu Dharmabharda, who describes himself as "doing crazy things"
according to the teachings of Lama Umapa Pawo Dorje, and of the All-Knower, His Holiness Dalai Lama II, Gendun
Gyatso, and of His Holiness Dalai Lama V, Losang Gyatso, and His Holiness Panchen Lama III,
Losang Yeshe, and the Very Venerable Losang Tenzing Pal Zampo"

Maybe this is a hint, though from centuries in the murky depths long ago, at that "crazy wisdom" so often brandished about.

Michael J. Wilson