[Buddha-l] Re: Diversions, distractions and on-topic discussions

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Sat Oct 8 20:19:15 MDT 2005

On Sunday, October 9, 2005, Joanna wrote:

> This  is  an  unrecognized  issue on this list---male
> egomania  and  the  unconscious  marginalization  and
> ignoring  of  anything  offered  by  the  one  female
> scholar,  so  far,  to  have anything to do with this
> Buddha-L  discourse for some time, who sometimes even
> (schock) offers a rather female point of view.

   How would you characterize male and female discourse
here?  This is a quite interesting issue for me, having
being  the  only  man in the Women's Voices Commitee of
the  last  Parliament  of World's Religions (Barcelona,
2004)  where  we  discussed  something similar and made
some  proposals.  (I  will  copy  our manifest in other
message.)

   Best wishes,

   Beni