[Buddha-l] Re: Diversions, distractions and on-topic discussions

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Oct 9 09:36:19 MDT 2005

> Joanna,
>
> Where did this come from? I only just responded to your last post. There
> is one point I would make, though. You often post snippets and links.  I
> am not really disposed to being sent off somewhere else to read articles
> in this way. This is a Buddhist discussion group (I can be at least half
> right here) and I prefer to discuss with people in their own words, when I
> find discussion of the topic conducive to dukkha-nirodha. Whether they
> fall into that category or not was the subject of this thread.
>
> --
> Metta
> Mike Austin
Mike, this came from months and months of my attempts to start discussions
on topics of importance to any Buddhist (as I and a few others see it
anyway) that might get one reply from somebody, followed by no further
discussion, -- while otherwise the list is treated to endless divagations on
politics and past wars, and too many ad hominem attacks. I too have on
occasion added my 2 cents on politics, but generally speaking, not.
Best wishes, Joanna