[Buddha-l] Gender on Buddha-l

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 9 07:06:02 MDT 2005

On Oct 8, 2005, at 6:07 PM, jkirk wrote:

> Speaking of "open space and seeing," the time has come for me to point
> out what I alluded to very indirectly before--that comments on this
> list are so spatially oriented toward, and closed, by the males on it
> that useful and relevant comments by a female, me in this case,
> continually are unresponded to and/or ignored.

I have noticed the same thing about your posts, many of which I would
have liked to see followed up. Unfortunately, I am NOT a scholar, so I
am not competent to respond to most of your posts. I agree that the
female point-of-view is nearly completely absent on buddha-l.

On the other hand I feel we have developed a very valuable (to me
anyway) personal email relationship over the years, which is about all
I have to contribute.