[Buddha-l] Natural Evil

SJZiobro at cs.com SJZiobro at cs.com
Mon Apr 30 06:05:23 MDT 2007

The question is whether the Pope will grant to all the clergy throughout the world a universal indult to celebrate the Tridentine form of the Mass.  Presently one needs the permission of the local ordinary (the diocesan bishop) to do so.  As it stands, any priest can celebrate the Mass in Latin, but it would be in accord with the Novus Ordo, which grew out of the reforms after Vatican Council II.  Perhaps if we were all Bodhisattvas the politics of the liturgy might be different since, no matter what language the celebrant used, each of us would hear the liturgy in whatever language we desired.  Richard, want to get ordained and give it a shot?

Stan