[Buddha-l] How to help the Dharma grow in the USA

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Jan 3 14:24:44 MST 2007

Richard:
... the
local vipassana group. They don't do any chanting or prostrations or burn
any
incense or put out any flowers. They just sit and meditate. Compared to
them, a Quaker meeting is like a day at Disneyland.

>  I think perhaps Richard was being ironic
> when he proposed drumming for the Dharma

Not at all. As I mentioned, most Zen groups have quite a bit of percussion.
Some even have repercussions.
Ha ha. You're being hilarious today, when everyone else (on teevee)  is
still solemnizing the fetishistic funeral of our late former president. At
least the Egyptians made mummies and gorgeously decorated tombs. It's been
downhill ever since.
Now for some peace and quiet.
Joanna