[Buddha-l] How to help the Dharma grow in western cultures

Alex Wilding alex at chagchen.org
Wed Jan 3 15:42:43 MST 2007

DFT:
>> Drumming is fun. People like drumming. What's non-Buddhist about it?
RH:
> Why does this question even arise? No one said or implied that there
> is anything non-Buddhist about drumming.
What I want to know is whether there is anything non-Buddhist about playing
the flute?
Actually, I am serious. Playing the (wooden) flute (jigs, reels, slides,
polkas, hornpipes etc) is my second interest after the dharma. Sometimes I
feel there should be more connection between the two. I think that is more a
problem in me, not perhaps a fundamental or theoretical one. I imagine there
are others on this list with some kind of "artistic" (I use the word
loosely, especially about my own endeavours) interest. Any thoughts?
All the best
Alex W