[Buddha-l] NYTimes.com: Let Us Pray for Wealth

SJZiobro at cs.com SJZiobro at cs.com
Tue Nov 6 08:41:30 MST 2007

Chris,

All very interesting and informative.  Relative to Communism, yes, it has it's origins in the West, and certainly it is an ideology that does not tolerate other points of view.  Intolerence, however, is obviously not unique to the West.  Islam, to my understanding, is not a Western religion.  Also, the fact that Buddhists in Japan and Korea did approve of Christian persecutions in the past does raise the question as to whether intolerence is a specifically Western phenomenon.

Regards,

Stan Ziobro