[Buddha-l] Re: buddha-l Digest, Vol 38, Issue 13

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Apr 28 15:10:14 MDT 2008

Oh yes, I forgot that Deja Napier does guided meditation training
re: the Brahma Viharas.
I went to one of her retreats--I liked what she did because she
started us off verbally, enlarging on the vihara we were to
concentrate on developing, but then stopped talking, leaving us
to do the work ourselves for the rest of the hour, in her
continued company, of course.
Joanna

i've seen a two-minute guided meditation by tara brach on you
tube; on "pausing" -- might still be there

a metta meditation retreat with sharon salzburg implemented
guided meditation, visualizing and sending out metta

in terms of denaturing and diffusion i'd look to shakti gawain's
creative visualization, which borrows from heterodox traditions,
and had enormous impact

on up to yoko ono's conceptual art work:  *imagine*

& thich nhat hanh's book *blooming of the lotus *originates in
gathas for a variant of the guided meditation phenomenon

and visualization is an interesting phenomenon: in qi gong, for
instance, so much depends on visualizing energy

"visualize whirled peas"
gary gach
http://www.redroom.com/author/gary-g-gach

Checked by AVG.