[Buddha-l] Prominent Neobuddhist proposes religionbasedblacklisting for government jobs

Jayarava jayarava at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 1 16:58:32 MDT 2009

Using an ad hominen usually means you've run out of constructive things to say; or, worse, you are expressing contempt or some other negative judgement. In the former case you're an idiot, and in the latter an asshole.

Occasionally the comic effect is worth it - if used sparingly. Not everyone can make an insult sound other than vicious.

No point in banning a form of speech almost guaranteed to make sure the person resorting to it is not taken seriously.

Jayarava