[Buddha-l] The Toulmiin link and sharing the joke

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Aug 5 22:28:21 MDT 2009

> Look at the ad and the article's examples on the link you sent
!!
> Too funny

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/argument/making_argument/tou
lmin.htm

Joanna, these days things such as ad content, priority of google
hits, etc.
are specificially tailored to individual computer users (they
read your cookies, etc., to "personalize" everything and target
you specifically).
What that means is that we often don't see the same ads, not get
the same google results. IN this case, since I block most ads, I
still have no idea what you are seeing, and still don't know what
hearingplanet.com is.

Could you share the joke?

Dan
=================
Dan, I don't need to be enlightened on how google operates,
that's beside the point.

First, you posted this link:
http://changingminds.org/disciplines/argument/making_argument/tou
lmin.htm

That suggests that you saw the page. Or did you just find a link
and post it without checking out the page?

Second: Did you download this page on your monitor screen? I
never heard of any blockers that will defeat ads embedded as part
of an entire web page.

Third: Note the ad on the right of the page.
Fourth: Now note the examples Toulmin uses to make his points.
Under Claim, here is his first example:
"For example:
You should use a hearing aid."

Fifth:  Note the other examples in this short article.

If you don't see all this when viewing the page, then you must
have a most peculiar computer.
If you do see the complete page,  then I fail to understand why
you cannot make the connection between the ad to the right and
all of Toulmin's examples.

JK