[Buddha-l] The Toulmiin link and sharing the joke

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Aug 7 09:47:46 MDT 2009

On Aug 6, 2009, at 7:59 PM, Chris Fynn wrote:

> Since your message (and this) contain the words "Department of
> Homeland
> Security", "cell phone", "detonate" and "bomb" in close proximity -
> this
> list is now undoubtedly being monitored and Ixquick, the Society of
> Friends and Buddha-L subscribers may be added to some list of
> suspected
> terrorist entities (if they aren't already).

When I learned that the American Friends Service Committee had
recently been deemed by the Denver Police Department as a dangerous
anti-American organization, I was overcome with admittedly irrational
feelings of acute jealousy. So I wrote a letter to the Department of
Homeland Security insisting that buddha-l also be classified as
dangerously anti-American. The last line of the letter was "Eat my
cookies, you paranoid xenophobes." Not wanting to draw undue attention
to myself, I look the liberty of signing the letter Dan Lusthaus.

[name withheld by request]