[Buddha-l] Sayonara

Jayarava jayarava at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 21 02:09:32 MDT 2009

Dear Buddha-L denizens

I've been thinking overnight - the time has come for me to take another long break from Buddha-L. (Hooray!)

I'm unsure why we spend our time on 1000 year old arguments that can't be settled, or why any idea less than a 1000 years old provokes such emotional responses. It's like Buddhism is a mummy, and Buddha-L is a tomb. Any innovation is sacrilege, any new idea heresy - there are too many 'no go' areas for Buddha-L which can make it just as unpleasant as E-Sangha at times; or perhaps I *am* simply mentally deranged and/or an idiot as several of you like to maintain?

The last straw was Richard deciding to vote republican, although I also think his characterisation of Buddha-L last week had some salutary truth in it.

Jayarava