[Buddha-l] buddha-l Digest, Vol 66, Issue 7

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Sat Aug 7 15:48:02 MDT 2010

You're right--it's near Rajgir. They need a huge investment in
order to build this thing.
Considering the way universities operate over there (now almost
comparable to here), perhaps it would be best to leave the ruins
to our imaginations.

Joanna

Sat 8/7/2010 9:12 AM

 I have been to Nalanda a couple of times and it, like Lumbini
and Kushinagar is in really poor and kind of off the beaten track
places.  I imagine this was why Buddha chose these places to be
born, teach, and to die.  It is near Rajgir isn't it?  I wish
them luck building an international university.  Very few
buddhist universities around.

Michael J. Wilson