[Buddha-l] Non-Arising

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 27 03:28:46 MST 2010

> This overstates my position at the time, let alone now.

Thanks for the clarifications, Lance. I may have misremembered the exchange.

> I agree with most of this, although there is some parallel with the
> debate literature in the  Pali aṭṭhakathā.

Yes, and the Kathaa-vatthu is an early version of the debate tradition as
well. There is nothing like the breadth or comprehensiveness of the
Mahavibhasa, however, in Theravada. It takes up an entire Taisho volume (200
fascicles).

Dan