[Buddha-l] Big is beautiful (was: Review of a review)

Franz Metcalf franz at mind2mind.net
Fri Jul 2 23:15:03 MDT 2010

Timothy,

We still steal our water from the Colorado down here. I figure you do,
too. But you are not such a drain on the land, up there. All these
people in these dry lands: now that's a topical new slant on taṇhā/
tṛṣṇā (particularly Las Vegas; is that city not the perfect
civic embodiment of Buddhist teaching on the various dimensions of
"thirst"?).

BTW: In an entirely un-Buddhist and personal aside, is Wheelwright
Associates named in honor of Joseph Wheelwright? My father and he
taught together at UCSF for many years. My dad was in the Freudian
camp (though more and more loosely over time), but he thought Joe was
a deeply wise therapist and man.

Franz