[Buddha-l] Dharmapala

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Tue Jul 13 18:31:34 MDT 2010

http://www.dalailama.com/messages/dolgyal-shugden/ganden-tripa/th
e-shugden-affair-i

Barnaby:
"Moreover, the dispute concerns a rather baroque area of the
Tibetan religious world..."

JK
Worthwhile choice of term, Barnaby------ "baroque".......e.g.,
prodigiously ornamented (aka prapanca in the extreme, if that is
possible to say without creating an oxymoron).

BT
"A general familiarity with their history suggests that the
religious blood count may be lower than, say, Europe in the
Middle Ages..."

JK	Need we go back that far? How about Europe in WW2?

Aside from Barnaby's discussion with which I basically agree, do
"western" Buddhists really freak out over this dissonance as
between Buddhism and violence? Are they/we that ignorant of
history? Say it isn't so.........

Joanna