[Buddha-l] Being unable to imagine dying [confused]

Macleod, Nik Nik.Macleod at proquest.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 08:54:12 MDT 2010

An apposite passage (#66) from Kāśyapaparivarta springs to mind:

"Kāśyapa it is like a person terrified of empty space who, while
beating his chest and wailing piteously, speaks thus: ‘Take away
that empty space!’ What do you think Kāśyapa, is it possible to
remove empty space?"
(Kāśyapa) replied: "No way, Lord!"
The Lord said: "So likewise Kāśyapa those mendicants and brahmins
who are frightened of emptiness, they I say are thoroughly confused.
Why is that? Because they live and move in emptiness and yet they
are afraid if it."

Best regards
Nik Macleod