[Buddha-l] Ethical Dilemmas and Death Penalties andmaliciouszombies for governor.

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 15 09:58:14 MDT 2010

Op 15-06-10 08:56, Stefan Detrez schreef:
> People are opposed to the death penalty for a range of reasons, yet those
> very same people plead for euthanasia and other forms of life ending
> measures.
I never saw anybody pleading for euthanasia, nor abortion. Some only
want to have the right to do it, and they want it out of the penal
system. Capital punishment is not the same. I have the right to brush my
own teeth and not the right to brush yours. So ending your own life is
not on a par with ending someone elses. Many sensible people prefer to
end their life before they turn into an plant and I don't see what's
wrong with it. In fact the Buddha ended his own social life in order to
become a buddha. Voluntary death penalty is nonsense, euthanasia is not
about punishing yourself.

erik