[Buddha-l] Ethical Dilemmas and Death Penalties andmaliciouszombies for governor.

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Jun 15 16:02:15 MDT 2010

On Jun 15, 2010, at 3:35 PM, Lidewij Niezink wrote:

> What, do you think, would be the consequence of that 'right to die on
> demand' in terms of prison daily life?

In my correspondence with prisoners, I get the impression that in most California prisons an inmate can exercise his right to die rather easily. All one needs to do is to walk up to a very big guy with lots of tattoos and accuse him of being an eel-wriggler or an icchantika. Death before midnight is pretty much guaranteed.

Richard