[Buddha-l] Samadhi and faith

lemmett at talk21.com lemmett at talk21.com
Fri May 21 18:13:33 MDT 2010

Hi I have a couple of questions if that's fine.
What does the suffix "samadhi" signify in terms like "the Surangama samadhi", specifically 'the three samadhis'? I cannot find anything at all substantial in English to read about this last concept. What is faith according to Wonhyo, especially with respect to his six contemplations in his commentary on the Vajrasamadhi-sutra?Why is his first contemplation signlessness if that samadhi is often thought to occur only at complete extinction?
Best wishes.