[Buddha-l] Morals in 6 months old kids

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Mon May 24 08:02:29 MDT 2010

On May 23, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> On May 23, 2010, at 2:55 AM, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:
>
>> "With the help of well-designed experiments, you can see glimmers of
>> moral thought, moral judgment and moral feeling even in the first year
>> of life. Some sense of good and evil seems to be bred in the bone."

Only a couple of weeks ago I read an article about this very subject -- purporting to show hints of morals in children. I thought the experiment was anything but well-designed. I thought it was specious. Looked like typical social "science" experiment to me. I will try to find the article again and present the link here.

> By the way, I have changed the settings of buddha-l slightly. From now on, all messages will be moderated. Contributors who make deposits into my PayPal account will see their messages approved. Priority will go to those who make the biggest deposits.
>
> moderately yours,

What would it cost to keep my crap off of here?

Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org