[Buddha-l] Emptiness and not being able to imagine dying [confused]

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon May 31 15:16:28 MDT 2010

On May 31, 2010, at 10:09 AM, lemmett at talk21.com wrote:

> Also can the list confirm that absolutely no dharma can be eternal from any perspective: that we can have no evidence for the immutability of any experience?

If you'd like, I'll affirm that. Of course, if you'd prefer that I deny it, I'd be equally happy to do that. Here at buddha-l we aim to please.

> I imagine you see what I'm trying to get at - that passing away involves betting stuck in some moment and not what Tom Clarke has called a "negative emptiness".

Buddhists tend not to bet. The problem with betting is that one might get eternally stuck betting in some moment, which involves betting stuck in that moment. If the wife finds out, there'll be hell to pay.

Richard