[Buddha-l] Batchelor

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Mon May 24 09:28:11 MDT 2010

In a message dated 5/22/2010 11:41:35 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
lemmett at talk21.com writes:

Is there a middle ground between rebirth and thinking that karma is  purely
psychological? I can't think of one. Sorry if I've misrepresented
Batchelor here.
==
Several Buddhist teachers have brought the two together. One is Phra
Prayudhi Payutto in his book Buddhadhamma: Natural Laws and Values for  Life
(SUNY publication).

To put it simply, their view is that moment to moment rebirth
(psychological rebirth) is the same process during life and as in what  happens after
life ends. Tendencies carry over from moment to moment during  life and as
well as after life ends.

jack