[Buddha-l] Emptiness and not being able to imagine dying [confused]

Bob Zeuschner rbzeuschner at roadrunner.com
Mon May 31 18:51:45 MDT 2010

Hi --
I guess I'm not clear about what you are asking.
To the best of my knowledge the majority of Buddhists deny that any
experience is immutable.
Are you asking about what the earliest Buddhist texts say about dying,
or impermanence.
Are you asking about what the Sarvastivadins wrote, or the Theravadins
wrote?
Are you asking if dharmas possess svabhava (self-existence)?
Are you asking about Nagarjuna's perspective?
Are you asking about the Lotus Sutra's perspective?
Or perhaps that of Chau-chou or Lin-chi?
I can tell that these issues are important to you, but I really am not
clear what you want to know.
Bob