[Buddha-l] Mindfulness: Getting Its Share of Attention

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 00:44:24 MST 2013

Yes, throughout the history of religions we see how (new) mainstream
religions borrow from other religions and integrate elements of it,
after having removed the incompatible bits, if necessary adapting the
general narrative framework. Mindfulness has now been approved by the
new mainstream religion, capitalism. If religions have survived and
still survive through following the money, then we shouldn't be too much
surprised that the money decides what bits will be allowed to continue
following it.